This set of training materials about searching for studies can be used in your workshops and adapted to your needs.
A systematic review requires a systematic search of the literature. This presentation introduces the role of the Trial Search Coordinator, and describes the principles of a comprehensive and rigorous search. It also describes sources to search and how to build a search strategy. The presentation can be downloaded as a PowerPoint presentation for your own training purposes.
These resources have been translated into several languages. Select an available language from the list at the left of this page.
Three exercise handouts are available. The first one is a guided tour through building a search in the Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL). It is designed to be completed alone or in pairs, and uses a real world example search of ‘Caffeine for daytime drowsiness’. The second handout is a list of databases and sources to consider for searching. The third handout allows participants to consider search terms for their review based on the PICO structure.
A downloadable content map includes references for trainers as to where accompanying material is available (such as reference to appropriate sections in the Cochrane Handbook).
A link to the policy on using standard training materials is provided.
The policy on using standard training materials is available here.
- Recognise the role of the Trial Search Coordinator in supporting planning and conducting of searches
- Explain the purpose of a rigorous search process in conducting Cochrane Reviews
- Identify sources to search for research studies, including key bibliographic databases and grey literature
- Construct a search strategy, including the use of PICO tool and Boolean operators
- Locate the Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
- Perform a search using the regular and advanced functionality of CENTRAL
- Devise search terms and synonyms using the PICO structure
- Prepare a training session on searching for studies
연구 자료 검색
편집: Miranda Cumpston & Carol Lefebvre
영국, 호주, 캐나다, 네덜란드 코크란 센터(UK Cochrane Centre, Australasian Cochrane Centre, Canadian Cochrane Centre and Dutch Cochrane Centre)와 코크란 정보 검색 방법 그룹(Cochrane Information Retrieval Methods Group)의 교육자료를 원자료로 함
본 교육자료는 Cochrane Methods Board가 승인하였음
Translated by Miyoung Kim