The aim of this course, facilitated by the York Health Economics Consortium (YHEC), is to provide a comprehensive introduction to meta-analysis for systematic reviews of food and feed related topics. Participants will use software to conduct pairwise meta-analysis and meta-regression.
The course will use a combination of seminars, group work and practical sessions to introduce the following topics:
- The role of meta-analysis in systematic reviews
- The practicalities of data extraction for meta-analysis
- How to explore heterogeneity in meta-analysis
- Summarizing effects sizes with meta-analysis
- Interpreting the results of meta-analyses
- Software for meta-analysis – REVMAN and R
- R packages for meta-analysis.
Please feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions about these courses.