This course, orgnized by the UK EQUATOR Centre, will help you build your skills and confidence to achieve success in planning, writing, publishing and disseminating your research through traditional journals and other media channels.
The course will be lead by an experienced, enthusiastic and knowledgeable team, featuring lectures and many practical sessions including:
- How to write the key sections of your research article, including the methods, analysis and results, introduction, discussion, title and abstract
- How to make the appropriate and optimal use of Reporting Guidelines including CONSORT, STROBE and PRISMA
- How to target the right journal for your research, and navigate different editorial systems
- How to deal with peer review comments, and how to peer review the work of others constructively
- How to write for and communicate with a lay audience, and make the most of media opportunities
The course will also discuss the importance of writing and publishing protocols, and the use of reporting guidelines such as SPIRIT and PRISMA-P.
St Catherine’s College, Oxford, United Kingdom
Contact and info:
Caroline Struthers (firstname.lastname@example.org)