Cochrane Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Functional Bowel Disorders Review Group is hosting a three-day workshop to learn the basic skills of conducting a Cochrane review. Topics will include: protocols, setting your question, literature searching, study selection, assessing bias, data and analysis, formulating conclusions, and a hands-on session with the Review Manager software.
This workshop is suitable for those who:
- Have registered a review title about interventions, and are ready to begin writing a protocol
- Have little or no experience in systematic reviews
- are experiencing difficulty defining the scope of a review
A mixture of teaching styles will be used, but this workshop is based mainly around small group discussions to develop and refine the background and objectives sections of protocols.
While the course is being organized and delivered by the Cochrane IBD Group, the course is not specific to gastroenterology topics.
By the end of the workshop, participants should:
- Be confident of the question their review is addressing and the implications for the review methods they will use
- Understand the scope of their review
- Have entered the criteria for selecting studies and objectives sections of the protocol into RevMan
Location: Western University
For more information on this workshop, please click here.
There are still some spaces open for this workshop and we are now accepting registration forms up to September 15, 2017
To register for this workshop, please click here.
Please email John MacDonald if you have any questions or concerns (firstname.lastname@example.org)