The following instructions apply to Declaration of Interest for authors of Cochrane Reviews. See Declaration of Interest forms: Instructions for other contributors if you need to complete a Declaration of Interest for your role within Cochrane.
- Submit a Declaration of Interest form
- Review a previously-submitted Declaration of Interest form
Your Declaration of Interest form provides readers of your review with information about your other interests that could influence how they receive and understand your work.
The form is completed and stored electronically and is behind a Cochrane Account login. You cannot complete a Declaration of Interest form on someone else's behalf.
IMPORTANT: if there are any changes to your Declaration of Interest while you are in the process of writing a review, whether you have submitted a Declaration of Interest form or not, please let your editorial team know as soon as possible.
- You will receive an email from your editorial team when you need to complete your Declaration of Interest form. The message will contain a link to your individual form.
- Click on the link in your message. This will take you to the Cochrane Account login page. This step is skipped if you are already logged in.
- Log in to access Declaration of Interest form.
- If you are completing a Declaration of Interest form for the first time, it will be blank. Go to step 7.
- If you have completed a Declaration of Interest form previously, the system will create a prefilled draft based on the form submitted for a previous verison of the same review, or, if this does not exist, the most recent form for any other review that you have completed. You must check and amend the details for the relevant review.
- If you open a blank form, but have recently submitted a form for another review, you will have the option of updating the blank form to the most recently-submitted version. You must check and amend the details for the relevant review.
- Complete the form.
- Click 'Submit' at the bottom of the form. A pop-up box with the message 'Thank you for submitting the form.' should appear.
- Click OK to confirm submission
You can also submit the Declaration of Interest form in Archie. Right-click on your review title and choose Reports > Conflicts of Interest forms, then click Open next to your name in the Access column.
- You have one hour to complete the form, or you will be logged out and have to start the process again.
- You should never leave your computer unattended with the form open.
- You must complete this form in one editing session, as it is not possible to save a draft. If you need to close the form without submitting it, you can either close the browser window, or you can click the Cancel button at the end of the form.
- If nothing happens when you click the link, try copying the link into the address line of your browser manually.
- If you do not remember your login details, use the 'Forgot your password?' link on the login page or contact email@example.com.
If the link is not working, i.e. you get a 'page not found' error or a blank page before or after logging in, check that the link has not been broken up by your email sofware, so it extends over multiple lines.
- If you see the message 'You are not authorised to perform this action' after logging in, you must ensure you have logged in with the correct Cochrane Account details. You should never use another person's login details.
- If you see other error messages or experience problems that cannot be solved by following these instructions, please contact your editorial team or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can always return to a form you have submitted if you want to check a detail or, in exceptional circumstances, to retract it.
The easiest way to access the form is to click the link in the original email. If you no longer have the email, you can view your Declaration of Interest form in Archie. Right-click on your review title and choose Reports > Conflicts of Interest forms, then click Open next to your name in the Access column.