First day: Introductory Course, 2nd day Advanced Course. Both courses may be attended or just a single one.
During the introductory course you will receive introductions to evidence-based medicine, basics of literature search and Cochrane and its databases. Online search tutorials in Medline through Pubmed and hands-on tutorial on the Cochrane Library.
In the advanced course you will receive an extensive theoretical introduction to databases and access to medical search, followed by a hands-on search tutorial for Medline through Ovid. Presentations on the use of search filters and managing literature with Endnote. Participants of this course would have knowledge of medical literature search.
- All that want to learn to search for medical literature efficiently through Medline and other databases.
- M.D.s, authors, medical documentalists, librarians and others, that need to search for medical literature
- Team members of a systematic review or clinical guideline
- Introductions in the basics of literature search and an overview of relevant data bases.
- Learn to use different functions in Pubmed and Ovid as for example MeSH terms, limits, clinical queries, boolean operators and history.
- Repeat and use the above through detailed instructed tutorials.
Course language is German and English.
Otto-Krayer-Haus, Albertstr. 25, Freiburg im Breisgau
190 € for introductory course day
190 € for advanced course day
Contact and information: