This workshop, organised by Cochrane Belgium, is aimed at healthcare professionals and researchers actively involved in performing a Cochrane systematic review. Ideally, participants will have already finished their protocol. This course is also open to authors of non-Cochrane systematic reviews.
Aim / Content:
This course aims to provide knowledge to enable reviewers to perform and finalize a Cochrane systematic review. It covers all steps of a review:
- Searching and selecting studies;
- Critical appraisal;
- Data extraction;
- Data-analysis, including pooling data, how to handle and interpret heterogeneity, publication bias;
- Use of RevMan Software
Participants are required:
- To have finished the protocol of their Cochrane systematic review;
- To have basic knowledge of systematic reviews (for example by participation in part I of this course ‘How to write a protocol’);
- To have basic knowledge of the Review Manager software (for example, entering text for the protocol and importing and linking references)
- Participants with a laptop are requested to install the RevMan software and bring their laptop to the course.
The course consists of plenary sessions and workshops. Participants will receive hands-on experience with all review-steps. During the workshops the RevMan software will be used. There is ample time to discuss individual problems of ongoing Cochrane review projects with the teachers.
Programme: click here to download the programme
Language: This course is taught in English
For more practical information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.