Workshop on Developing a Cochrane Systematic Review
Deadline to apply: March 1, 2019
Cochrane Eyes & Vision, U.S. Satellite
March 28-29, 2019
The MacKenzie Room, Huang Engineering Center
Stanford, CA, USA
This intensive 2-day workshop, organised by the U.S. Satellite of Cochrane Eyes & Vision, will guide participants through steps of developing a systematic review using the latest Cochrane methodology. It will offer lectures and hands-on sessions, providing plenty of opportunities to apply the methods and interact with the faculty. The workshop will be led by a team who has extensive expertise in conducting systematic reviews and in leading the development of methods to improve systematic reviews. Cochrane Eyes and Vision review authors who have a registered title, protocol, or review in The Cochrane Library are highly encouraged to attend. Registration fees start at $90.
Click here for further information.
- Describe the essential steps of conducting a systematic review
- Develop an answerable question using the PICO framework
- Gain familiarity with the tool for assessing risk of bias in randomized trials
- Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of primary studies
- Describe the process of analyzing, presenting, and interpreting the results of meta-analyses
- Enter and analyze data for a systematic review using the Cochrane's RevMan software
- Identify and resolve questions and challenges encountered during the completion of a systematic review
Who should attend:
- Cochrane Eyes and Vision review authors who have a registered title, protocol, or review in The Cochrane Library;
- Ophthalmologists, optometrists, and vision researchers interested in registering a title with the Cochrane Eyes and Vision Group; and
- Any individual interested in systematic review production, particularly in regard to Cochrane systematic review.