Cochrane Norway and Cochrane Sweden welcome you to a one-day workshop in the use of GRADE (21st November), followed by a one-day workshop in the use of GRADE-CERQual (22nd November). Participants are welcome to attend both workshops or only one.
Background: A systematic review identifies, appraises and synthesises individual studies about a particular question. GRADE is used to assess the certainty of (or confidence in) evidence from systematic reviews of effectiveness and the strength of recommendations in guidelines. Similarly, GRADE-CERQual is used to assess how much confidence to place in findings from systematic reviews of qualitative research
Workshop objectives: To deepen understanding and gain practical experience in the GRADE approach, either for reviews of effectiveness evidence or for reviews of qualitative evidence.
Workshop on GRADE for reviews of effectiveness evidence:
• To introduce and discuss the GRADE approach on how to assess the certainty of evidence from systematic reviews on the effects of interventions
• To introduce and discuss the GRADE approach on how to assess the strength of recommendations in guidelines
• To apply the GRADE approach to examples of findings from systematic reviews of effects of interventions, and on recommendations based on the same evidence
Workshop on GRADE-CERQual for reviews of qualitative evidence:
• To explore why and when it might be useful to include evidence from qualitative research in a healthcare decision
• To introduce and discuss the GRADE-CERQual approach for assessing confidence in the evidence from reviews of qualitative research
• To apply the GRADE-CERQual approach to examples of review findings from systematic reviews of qualitative evidence
Workshop format: Both workshops will use a combination of short lectures, small group learning based around worked examples and exercises, and plenary discussion. Participants will also be provided with a short reading list in advance of the workshops. The workshop will be run in English.
Participant criteria: The workshop is targeted at authors or users of systematic reviews. Participants do not have to be Cochrane contributors.
Participants interested in the GRADE-CERQual workshop are expected to be familiar with primary qualitative research methods.
Workshop location: Both workshops will be held at the following venue: Norwegian Institute of Public Health in Oslo.
Participant fees: Each workshop will cost 900 NOK (1500 NOK for both). This fee will also cover lunch and coffee during the workshops.
Registration deadline: October 31st
Link for further information