Involving People, the learning resource based on the ACTIVE project is now live.
What is the ACTIVE project?
ACTIVE stands for Authors and Consumers Together Impacting on eVidencE.
ACTIVE will bring together evidence, information and resources about the active involvement of people (such as Cochrane Consumers) in systematic reviews. Our aim is to help Cochrane review authors have meaningful active involvement in systematic reviews.
Background to ACTIVE
What will ACTIVE do?
We will find and bring together relevant evidence, information resources, and examples of active involvement in successfully completed reviews and report on these. We will:
- Carry out a systematic review to find reports of active involvement in published reviews. We want to find details of the different methods of involving people that have been used.
- Look for any materials or resources which authors involving people in their reviews have developed and used. This might include information sheets, ethics applications, or meeting rules and procedures.
- Interview people who have been involved – as authors or consumers – in reviews where there was active involvement
How will ACTIVE use this information?
We will use this information to support development of online learning resources aimed at helping Cochrane Reviewers to involve consumers in their reviews. These learning resources will provide examples of good practice.
How can I get involved?
For more information about how to get involved please download our flier here.
Can you tell us about examples of active involvement in systematic reviews?
We want to hear from you if:
- You are part of a review team who has:
- involved people in a review, or in part of the review process
- used particular methods or approaches to try to get effective involvement
- You are a patient, carer or health professional who got involved in a review and would like to share your experiences.
Please contact us if you can help in any way.
Where can I get more information?
The protocol for the project has now been published and is available here.
You can contact Alex Pollock or Pauline Campbell by emailing: ACTIVE@gcu.ac.uk