Systematic reviews of diagnostic test accuracy (DTA) summarize the evidence about test accuracy. Ideally, they also investigate why the results may vary among studies, compare the performance of alternative tests, and help the reader to put the evidence in a clinical context.
This set of online learning resources will help you work through the key topics needed to complete a Cochrane DTA Review. Each resource is designed to be a standalone learning unit although they are presented here as a progressive learning pathway. You may choose to access the resources in any order you wish, although those new to Cochrane DTA Reviews may find it most productive to work through the resources in the order presented.
The slidecasts are being developed by the Cochrane Screening & Diagnostic Test Methods Group. At the moment there are 16 lessons available and the full list of planned resources is available here.
To select a resource and begin working through the pathway, click a link below.
Besides the resources presented in this pathway, other useful materials related to DTA reviews, including the Handbook for DTA reviews, can be found on the web pages of the Cochrane Screening & Diagnostic Test Methods Group.
- Types of medical tests and their usesSlidecast
- Stages of diagnostic test evaluationSlidecast
- Introduction to test accuracySlidecast
- Formulating a Cochrane DTA Review questionSlidecast
- Eligibility designsSlidecast
- Planning eligibility criteriaSlidecast
- Protocols for Cochrane DTA ReviewsSlidecast
- Collecting study characteristicsSlidecast
- Collecting study resultsSlidecast
- Sources of bias in a DTA reviewSlidecast
- Assessment of risk of bias and applicability using the QUADAS-2 toolSlidecast
- Analysis with RevMan for Cochrane DTA ReviewsSlidecast
- Changes in reviews in RevMan 5.2 and introduction to QUADAS-2Slidecast
- How to convert your review to QUADAS-2Slidecast
- Types of analysis in Cochrane DTA reviewsSlidecast
- Planning analyses in Cochrane DTA reviewsSlidecast
- Analysis with small number of studiesSlidecast
- Sensitivity analysis in DTA reviewsSlidecast
- Understanding and re-expressing results in DTA reviewsSlidecast
- 'Summary of findings' tables for DTA reviewsSlidecast