To analyse the results of the studies included in your systematic review, you will need to understand the different kinds of data you may encounter. The slidecast presentation is an introduction to analysing continuous data.
The presentation has been translated into several languages other than English. Select an available language from the list at the top right of this page.
A document of formulae you can use to analyse continuous outcomes is available to download.
- Outline the characteristics of continuous outcomes
- Describe the mean value and the standard deviation
- Understand and interpret mean difference and standardised mean difference
- Identify and deal with skewed data in a systematic review
- Identify the data needed for analysing dichotomous outcomes
Analysing continuous outcomes - slidecast
Approved by the Cochrane Methods Board on 23 September 2011.
Compiled by Miranda Cumpston, based on materials by the Australasian Cochrane Centre, UK Cochrane Centre and Cochrane Statistical Methods Group.