This is a recording of the Cochrane Canada Webinar with David Moher, Adrienne Stevens, and Chantelle Garritty from the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute (OHRI), on a type of literature review produced using accelerated and streamlined systematic review methods.
This webinar covers:
a) the role of the Knowledge Synthesis Group of the OHRI in rapid reviews, including contexts in which rapid review work is conducted;
b) their approach to rapid review methods and end products;
c) their involvement with development of the Cochrane Response Rapid Reviews; and
d) challenges, opportunities and lessons learned.
- Differentiate full systematic reviews from rapid reviews
- Outline the OHRI’s approach to rapid reviews
- Discuss ways to abbreviate methods in rapid reviews
- Recognize a spectrum of OHRI’s rapid review products
- Understand what is Cochrane Response and why it was established
- Describe challenges and opportunities in producing rapid reviews
Cochrane Canada webinar series was produced with the support of Canadian Institutes of Health Research and Institute of Gender and Health, Institute of Health Services and Policy Research, Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health, Institute of Infection and Immunity, Institute of Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis, and Institute of Nutrition, Metabolism and Diabetes. Blackboard Collaborate tool for producing webinars was provided by Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) / WHO Research Promotion and Development. Special thanks to Luis Gabriel Cuervo for converting the webinars to Youtube videos.