Discussion lists for CISs
The Cochrane community site features a number of email discussion lists. You will need an Cochrane Account username and password to access these lists.
- The Cochrane Information Specialists' email discussion list. All Cochrane Information Specialists should join this list. CISs use this list to share questions and ideas, and to make announcements. Subscribe to the Information Specialists' discussion list.
- The Cochrane Library Users' Group (CLUG) discussion list. This list is used to discuss improvements to the Cochrane Library. Subscribe to the CLUG discussion list.
- The Information Retrieval Methods Group (IRMG) mailing list. This mailing list aims to facilitate information exchange regarding the information retrieval activities of Cochrane. Join the IRMG group and discussion list.
- The Adverse Effects Methods Group (AEMG) list. This list is for sharing questions and ideas, including about searching, on the topic of adverse effects. Join the AEMG mailing list.
- The Expertsearching mailing list provided by the Public Services Section of the MLA. Join the Expertsearching mailing list.
- The CIS Support Team produce a Digest approximately monthly to flag up information of interest to CISs. Each digest is sent to the Cochrane Information Specialists' mailing list. Older editions are available on the Information Specialists' portal.
- Cochrane Connect is Cochrane's international newsletter. Subscribe to Cochrane Connect.
The Cochrane Information Specialists' Executive
The purpose of the Information Specialists' Executive is to facilitate open communication between CISs, Cochrane governing bodies, and the Editor in Chief. There are eight people on the Executive. You can find more information about the IS Executive including a list of the current team, a link to minutes of meetings, and the remit of the group in the IS Executive section of the Information Specialists' portal.