There are a number of functions that Cochrane Information Specialists may use when working with reviews and protocols. A selection are listed below.
8.2.1 Validating reviews and protocols
- Archie can produce a validation report for individual protocols and reviews or for all your Group’s protocols and reviews.
- This can help you to identify any problems with references, such as information missing from fields, or if a reference is not linked in the text
8.2.2 Viewing to check scope, search methods sections, references
- You can check protocols and reviews on-screen from within Archie. If you wish to make any changes, you must ‘check out’ the review.
8.2.3 Comparing versions of reviews
You can compare, for example, the most recent version of a review with an earlier version to see if the authors have made any changes to sections you may be responsible for checking (Search methods sections, reference sections etc).
To compare versions of reviews:
- double-click on the review title to open the 'Properties' and go to the 'History' tab.
- Note the most recent version - it is highlighted by default.
- Press the Ctrl key and highlight the version you wish to compare and then click ‘Compare’.
8.2.4 Review Citation Wizard
The 'Review Citation Wizard' searches Archie and suggests similar Cochrane reviews that may need to be cited.
To use the Review Citation Wizard:
- Right-click the review title and select 'Review Citation Wizard'
- Click ‘next’ in the Wizard to find the relevant reviews/protocols
- Select the ones that need to be cited, and download the references you want to import into the review.